Welcome to Turning Point - Experience, Respect & Support When You Need It Most
CURRENTLY, ALL PROVIDERS ARE AT FULL CAPCITY AND WE ARE UNABLE TO RECIVE ANY NEW PATIENTS.
Convenient, Mobile, and Private: Our online Telehealth Service provides each patient with a Personal Portal Account that is secure, HIPAA compliant, and accessible using your computer, tablet, or smartphone via a password-protected WiFi connection. Through your Portal Account, you can complete all required New Patient Paperwork, share documents and records, view your appointment calendar, and attend video sessions with your psychologist. As always, the staff at Turning Point remain available to help you via telephone (850) 243-8086, FAX (850) 243-2702, and email ([email protected]).
Let's Get Started:
1. Complete the Initial Contact Form below and send it to Turning Point. We will review your request and contact you by phone or email to discuss your therapy needs, provide you with information about our practice and send you the initial paperwork to complete.
Initial paperwork will include a New Patient Packet, and Informed Consent for Telehealth, a Credit Card On file Form (please include your security code), a Release of Information Form for your PCM. We also will need a copy of your Insurance Card (front and back) and a copy of your Driver's License. Both Digital Fillable versions and Printable versions of these forms can be found at Helpful Forms.
2. Once we have received all of your Initial Paperwork, Turning Point staff will verify your insurance and will contact you to set up your Portal account and arrange your Initial Interview with your Psychologist. That appointment and all future appointments will appear on your personal calendar through your Portal Account.
3. To create your Portal Account - Turning Point Staff will email you an invitation to join the Portal. Sign in with your email, and the temporary password is given to you by the staff (later you can reset your initial password and choose a special Password - 10 characters or more). Then select your personal preferences, such as texted appointment reminders.
4. Review your equipment needs
5. Those Pesky Details
A. Did your doctor send referral information? If not, please call their office and ask the doctor to FAX the referral to (850) 243-2702.
B. If you are being seen for Couples Therapy, each partner must complete a New Patient Packet and Sign the Informed Consent for Telehealth.
C. Legal Evaluations (e.g., custody evaluations, court-ordered drug or alcohol evaluations or treatment) are no longer being conducted by any Turning Point Provider.
In Case of an Emergency and Turning Point is Closed - Call:
B. FWBMC - Behavioral Health Services - 24-Hour Help Line - 1-850-864-0213
1. Do you have a laptop, desktop PC or Mac which is 3 years old or newer?
Older devices may struggle to run the program properly. Check your Operating System and Browser Compatability.
2. Is your space equipped with a modern internet connection that is reliable?
Connecting directly to your router using an Ethernet cable for wired internet is recommended though wireless networks can work fine as well.
3. Have you downloaded Chrome or Firefox to your computer to use as your internet browser?
Standard browsers such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Safari on a Mac may encounter compatibility issues with the video software as those browsers are not as up to date with modern code. Note: In practice, we have found that Apple products, such as an iPad, may perform best if you use the Safari browser.
4. Do you have access to a working webcam?
Most modern laptops have built in webcams which will work great for online counseling! If you have a desktop PC or Mac you may need to purchase and set up an external webcam.
5. Are you comfortable navigating computer software?
The online portal is easy to navigate and does not require any training to use. However, those who find computers to be confusing or frustrating in general may not be a good fit for online counseling.
CURRENTLY, ALL PROVIDERS ARE AT FULL CAPCITY AND WE ARE UNABLE TO RECEIVE ANY NEW PATIENTS. CONTACT YOUR PCM OR THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT OF YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY FOR AN ALTERNATIVE REFERRAL.
Click here for: Turning Point Suggested Alternative Refrral Sources
We are committed to your privacy. Do not include confidential or private information regarding your health condition in this form or any other form found on this website. This form is for general questions or messages to the practitioner.