Turning Point has shifted to Teleheath:
"In the midst of every crisis, lies great opportunity!"
Working to put Health First and protect each other from COVID-19, Turning Point suspended all face-to-face therapy and assessments, effective Tuesday, March 23, 2020. Through April 30, 2020, at the very least, we will close our doors and will conduct all psychological services online, via audio-visual telehealth. We are reaching out to our scheduled clients to help you set up your secure TherapySites Telehealth Patient Portal. If your have not heard from us, please call the office (850) 243-8086.
Our Providers and Staff will be available during regular business hours (Monday - Thursday, with phones being answered from 8:00AM - 12:30PM, with Voice Mail checked periodically in the afternoons). If you do not reach us immediately, please leave a message and we will return your call as quickly as possible.
PATIENT PORTAL INFORMATION:
Set-up your secure TherapySites Telehealth Patient Portal:
- Call the office at (850) 243-8086 for assistance - Remember, leave a message if your call is not answered immediately, we will return your call as quickly as possible, even if we are working remotely.
- Current Turning Point Patients - Link to the our "Telehealth - Online Therapy" page
- New Patients - Link to our "Telehealth - New Patients" Page
Health First: Follow CDC guidelines for your health and the health of others. If you develop a fever, a cough or a shortness of b reath, call your physician immediately. Please limit your contact with others, follow social distancing rules, sanitize your hands and environment repeatedly during the day, "shelter-in-place" as ordered by the State of Florida, and wear a mask and gloves when you must go out.
CDC Website - https://www.cdc.gov/
Behavioral Health Resources for Managing the Stress of a Health Crisis ...
* Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak - from SAMHSA - https://store.samhsa.gov/system/files/sma14-4894.pdf
* Talking with Children: Tips for Caregivers, Parents, and Teachers During Infectious Disease Outbreaks - from SAMHSA - https://store.samhsa.gov/system/files/pep20-01-01-006_508_0.pdf
* Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty - from American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - https://afsp.org/taking-care-of-your-mental-health-in-the-face-of-uncertainty/
Welcome to Our Clinic
We appreciate the opportunity to work with you here at Turning Point. By seeking counseling, you are a step closer to empowering yourself on a path of growth and well-being.
Our Mission ... Is to provide a full range of psychological services to individuals, families, and businesses along the Emerald Coast in the northwest panhandle of Florida, and to do so in a compassionate, respectful, and confidential manner that honors our clients' strengths and dignity. We welcome your business and appreciate your feedback.
Our Providers ... Dr. Miller, Dr. Chandler, and Dr. Tucker, all Licensed Psychologists, each with over 30 years of clinical experience, all work with adults and adolescents, while Dr. Miller and Dr. Tucker additionally see children of all ages. Drs. Miller and Chandler, co-recipients of the Okaloosa/Walton Mental Health Association Outstanding Mental Health Professional Award for 2015, established Turning Point in 2002. Dr. Tucker, a highly trained and diversified clinician, who is licensed in both Colorado and Florida, joined our practice in 2016, bringing with him a personal warmth and a playful sense of humor. Unique to Dr. Tucker is his training in the assessment and treatment of children with developmental delays and those who fall on the autism spectrum, as well as his training in positive psychology and ego-state psychology. Dr. Chandler's approach to therapy, which includes extensive work in the field of trauma recovery, is well described in his recently published self-help book, Psychomechanics: Tools for Self-Regulation of Emotions. Dr. Miller plays two roles in our practice. Assisted by our outstanding staff, she is the manager of day-to-day office life at Turning Point, and as a psychotherapist, she uses a combined cognitive-behavioral and psychodynamic approach in treatment. For further information regarding each clinician, please see Our Providers Page.
Please call our office for an individual, couples or family therapy consultation today.
Dr. Chandler's newest book - Psychomechanics is available
on AMAZON.COM in Print and e-Book
Turning Point: Experience, Respect and Support When You Need It Most